Default crowns with a lump and bleeding gums

hi my mum has just had 2 crowns fitted by is not happy as the dentist rushed them as she ran over time and my mums gum took time to stop bleeding she is alos not happy as she paid £400 per tooth and they do not look right theres a small lump on the crown but her dentist said she'll have to leave them like that. i was just after some advice what to do next and if she could get her money back and go some ware els.

Default sue and report the dentist

Hi there, sounds bad. Dont worry, i believe there's a positive solution...Buying a crown is like buying any other product. If it's not upto scratch, you can request a repair or replacement untill you are fully satisfied. You are the customer remember. I also believe you are covered by the sale of goods act 1979, Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and your statutory rights. Look them up on google. Firstly, you are entitled to perfect crowns...especially for £800. Ask your dentist to repair or replace the bad crown/s. If you are not happy with the current dentist, and he/she is refusing a refund or repair for free, speak to the owner/manager of the practis. If still no joy, tell the dentist you will seek legal advice to sue, let trading standards know, report the dentist to the british dentist council, report the dentist to your local paper, find another dentist, order new crowns and charge the current dentist for everything! including expenses and any financial lose of time! You have rights

has this helped?

Bradley

p.s read my post- NHS vs Private crowns, noone has replied to me yet, i need help too..have a read and let me know your thoughts. cheers
    Last edited by Bradley; 08-25-2009 at 09:41 PM.