Thread: Crown Colour

Default Crown Colour

I had a canine crown in April which has been great, however i am in the process of having another crown fitted right next to it. I am unsure what colour to have the new crown as i don't want it to look odd next to my other tooth (which has a veneer overlay on it and is a different colour to my canine crown).

My dentist has said that if i plan to replace the veeneer in the future i should have the new crown the same colour as my canine one, i may replace the veneer but as they are very expensive it wouldn't be until next year at the earliest.

Was just wondering what the best thing to do would be as i don't want all my teeth to look different colours

Thank you

If finances are a concern, it's always better to have the crowns made to the final result you want to achieve. This type of treatment is called phasing and is perfectly normal for large cases

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default NHS crown

Hi Dr Pav

What is the difference between an NHS crown and a private crown? Shouldn't the quality of a NHS crown be the same as a private crown? What is the differecne in terms of quality, shape, colour, durability and everything alse that makes a perfect crown? Am I entitled to request, under my entitlement to rights from NHS dental treatment received, that i would like the NHS crown to be the same quality as a private crown? Am I entitled to an all ceramic crown under my NHS HC2 certificate rather than a porcelain/metal bonded crown? It is for my main front left tooth. Looking forward to your advice.

Many Thanks

Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pav Khaira View Post
    If finances are a concern, it's always better to have the crowns made to the final result you want to achieve. This type of treatment is called phasing and is perfectly normal for large cases

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    Good advice!
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)