Default Pain after crown preperation

I have slight pain and sensitivity after crown prep. I was told after an xray that I did not need a root canal my question is should I request one before the permanent crown is fitted next week. I need the crown due to an old large amalgam filling that had cracks.

Thanks for any advise.

Hi Michelle,

Some mild sensitivity can be expected depending on how the tooth was prepared and sealed. As long as you are not in any major pain things should settle for you. I would recommend that you inform your dentist so that they can check things for you

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pav Khaira View Post
    Hi Michelle,

Some mild sensitivity can be expected depending on how the tooth was prepared and sealed. As long as you are not in any major pain things should settle for you. I would recommend that you inform your dentist so that they can check things for you

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    Thank you. It is now a week later and it has settled a bit but still at times when eating I feel pain. Today I ate something sweet and it ached for a couple of minutes but is fine now. The tooths old filling was very large and apparently had cracks . I am due to have the permanent crown fitted in 2 days should I insist on root treatment? and if I do have root treatment and it isn't really needed is that a problem?
    Thank you so much for your help.
    M