My problems which are visable- on the front of my teeth- are: My right front tooth is slightly chipped, and sometimes there's a gap between the 2 front teeth when my filling falls out. The troublesome filling which keeps coming out is right between the two front teeth at the top of the back of them, right at the gum line. The filling also fills in a gap (not quite David Letterman, but still a gap) visable from the front between the two front teeth. There's also another filling at the top of the back of tooth #10, the one directly to the left of my left front tooth. It seems that veneers would make the teeth look nicer, leave more of the original teeth intact, and not put me as far into debt. But I'm thinking that veneers wouldn't address the problems of my fillings in back; that the back of my teeth need rebuilding more than the front does. ( I've tried to avoid this dental work because of the expense & my very sketchy insurance and I've thought of it as unnecessary. But this is the 3rd or 4th time in about a year that the between-the-teeth filling has come out; the location probably couldn't be worse, and I may have to just bite the bullet (no pun) and get something done. ) Am I right in thinking veneers wouldn't solve my problem and that I need 4 crowns? Does a regular dentist do this work sometimes or should you go to a cosmetic dentist? I wonder about available materials and which is best, too. And feedback on any of this would be really appreciated. I'm very confused.