I really need some urgent help/advice please! I have recently joined a new NHS Dentist because I needed some work done and my old dentist could not do it without referring me to a private dentist, and the treatment would've cost £2,000.

I had a root canal on my front tooth about 15 years ago, a couple of months ago the tooth cracked along the top. My new NHS dentist yanked the tooth out and made an impression to get a crown made at the lab.

When the crown arrived, she cemented it in using temporary cement for one month, as I didn't like the new gap I had between the two front teeth. This gap closed in within a few weeks as the gum grew down. One month later, she removed the crown and cemented it in with permanent cement. The day afterwards it fell out! So the next morning I went to the dentist and another dentist had to cement it back in for me (usual dentist wasn't there). TWO HOURS later the crown fell out again. The next day I went back to usual dentist, she cemented it again, waited 5 or 10 minutes and pulled the crown off again. She decided the problem was due to excess gum, she gave me a couple of injections and removed some of my gum then cemented the crown back. It felt more secure this time, but surprise surprise, the crown fell out again the following day. I nearly lost it down the sink as I was brushing my teeth at the time!!

Now I have another appointment today but I am wary about going back to her as I don't know if she really knows what she's doing??

Someone has suggested that the cement is not designed to glue onto gum which is why it keeps falling out?

Does anyone have any advice for me please?? I wish I could afford to go private but I am in so much debt I can't possibly afford to

I thought I'd take some pictures to help...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!