Default How should my bridge fit before cement?

hi, im getting a bridge put in my mouth, but during fitting, the bridge rocks from the anchor to the front teeth. forgive the non tech terms but from canine to one past canine top teeth.

is this normal during fitting? he's assuring me that will be fine by cementing them. this is the 3rd bridge he's tried to give me, the first 2 one didn't fit, the other wasn't at all what we talked about, or even close to the first bridge in shape.

i also needed him to make the teeth slightly thicker in the front two teeth for a more solid occlusion. i could barely bite my nails! what should i tell my dr?

He also gave me c1 lower crowns, and a A1 bridge, so they dont match. im wondering if this guys worth all the margins i've endured, and visits over a period of a 3-4 months. I paid 9 grand in cash for this work, please help me with something to tell him!!!!

we did a biscuit? try in which was just the metal of the bridge he said to check the margins. i asked him if we tried in the metal, and it didn't rock, why is it rocking now. and he started talking pretty technical to explain this one simple question. lastly he decided to grind the inside edge of the bridge on my gumline, he said to stop some of the rocking, and in doing so created a gap between my gums and just the edge of the bridge. he said it would allow easier cleaning, but i find myself tounging the ridge raw. the prior 2 bridges i tried in from him felt smooth from gums to back or front two teeth. he at one point was trying to convince the girl assistant that he reduced some of the rocking after the grind, but it was her that brought up the rocking to the doctor saying she didn't want me to have problems later.

when i would bite my girlfriend, i would feel a great deal of pressure on the anchor tooth during the few weeks i had it temporary cemented, and i've heard that can cause a few bad problems for the anchor tooth. when i bite, the anchor would pop out, and the front teeth felt well fitting, and when i put pressure on the anchor the front teeth somewhat lifted and the bridge felt pretty tight. i heard thats somewhat normal, but i haven't found much about the rocking prior to cementation. I'm going nuts thinking about it, going to the dentist is a nightmare all my life, to the point dentistry sounds like a good career. i take good care of what teeth i have left, i was in a fight as a kid and had my front teeth knocked out.
    Last edited by himrchp; 12-16-2009 at 09:56 AM.

certainly if you are not 100%, then you should get a 2nd opinion.
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

i kinda thought thats why i was here. pretty simple question about whether or not i should let him cement a bridge that rocks in my mouth during fitting.

Unfortunately noone will be able to give a second opinion without a consultation. You can always find a dentist from the section on the home page

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Quote Originally Posted by himrchp View Post
    i kinda thought thats why i was here. pretty simple question about whether or not i should let him cement a bridge that rocks in my mouth during fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by himrchp View Post
    ...he at one point was trying to convince the girl assistant that he reduced some of the rocking after the grind, but it was her that brought up the rocking to the doctor saying she didn't want me to have problems later.

when i would bite my girlfriend...going to the dentist is a nightmare all my life, to the point dentistry sounds like a good career...
    i don't think you get it. the dentists on this forum are not here to give you advice without all the information, just guidance on what you might be able to do in your specific situation. get a second opinion or have it fitted, its ultimately your choice. Also your post, frequently makes no sense, like the bit about biting your girlfriend.

p.s. we also know that some patients are very difficult and unreasonably hard to please so we are not going to throw our colleague under the bus without seeing the work
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)