Default I have missing molars can i get false teeth

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

After many years of being petrified of the dentists I finally plucked up the courage to go. I ended up having several fillings, 2 lower molars extractions, and 2 more lower molar extractions awaiting to be removed.

It means I will be left with no molars on the bottom (I do have my wisdom teeth) At the moment I am finding eating a problem, I cannot eat on the side of the extractions, and cannot eat on the side awaiting extractions as they are just roots.

Is there a way I can get some false teeth/bridge? I asked my dentist and she told me there was no point, but I cannot go on this way.

Thanks in advance.

One of the best ways to replace missing teeth is to consider implants. it's important to have implants placed at the right time after extraction, before the bone in which the implant is placed shrinks too much.

I would express that you are having problems chewing, there is almost always a solution

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

once it has all settled down then there is also the option of a metal partial denture
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.

The options given, are they going to be something that will cripple me financially?

I have been putting off getting the other roots removed as I am struggling terribly ATM to chew. It's got to the point where I have had to cancel dinner dates with family and friends as I take so long to eat and end up getting really embarrassed. I am worried that when I get old my face will sink into the gaps where the teeth should be. I am only 30, and I don't want to spend the next however many years I have left feeling like this.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Thanks again.

implants are costly but as you are young it may be worth pushing for them if it is at all possible
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)