Default filling in front tooth for a crack

I am so stressed out!
    I had an unforunate fall off my bike this week which has resulted in a noticeable crack in my front tooth (not to mention a broken nose and 7 stitches in my lip!). i am really upset and disappointed about my tooth as i have good teeth and have also recently had them whitened with great results.
    My dentist cannot see me for another week. In the meantime im trying to research what can be done to fix this! If i have a filling placed in my front tooth to address this crack- will it be obvious i have a filling? or do "composites" look realistic? In these situations are veneers usually required?

Thank you so much

Hi

sorry to hear about your circumstances!

The options to treat a fractured tooth are:
    - composite filling
    -porcelain veneer
    - crown

Each treatment option depends on the extent of the fracture and the health of the tooth.

Composites can look very natural if done correctly and if the right shade is chosen.
    Porcelain crowns and veneers can also look very natural and do not stain over time, while composites do.

it is very difficult to sy what option will be the best for you, without looking at the tooth clinically and radiographically.

I hope this helps

Best of Luck

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009