Thread: Advice please?

Default Advice please?

Hi,

I came across this forum today and was wondering if someone can help?

I'm a 30 year old female who hates smiling simply because my two top central incisors are VERY off centre. They have moved around to the right by quite a large amount, so much so that I hate smiling and having my photo taken. It appears as though I only have one main front tooth, and the smaller left lateral incisor has moved so that it's more central. Other than that my teeth are in good condition, no fillings etc.

My question is will a clear brace such as invisalign, be able to make my top teeth move so that they are central incisors are where they should be, central rather than lateral? I don't really want to wear train track braces as I work in the public sector, and feel I'm a little old too. I want something that isn't noticable.

Thanks in advance

Invisalign will not be able to give you the tooth movements you requires. You would need some form of fixed brace, if discretion is a must then you can consider having the braces put on the inside using a system such as Incognito.

These types of movements can take time to do

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thank you for your prompt answer.

have seen great results with lingual braces, more expensive nbut defo worth investigating

nick
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

How much more are lingual braces compared to the standard fixed braces or white ceramic braces?

Could my teeth be remedied with veneers, or would they still need to be moved into a central position with a brace?

I assume I will need to be referred by a dentist for orthodontic treatment?

Sorry for all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by clydetheglyde View Post
    How much more are lingual braces compared to the standard fixed braces or white ceramic braces?
    search for lingual and you will find advice/ not my field but an orthodontists secretary shouldl be able to advise you

Could my teeth be remedied with veneers, or would they still need to be moved into a central position with a brace?
    it always tends to look wrong IMO as the spacing will be wrong. You could get the orthodontist to move the teeth a little bit to open the correct spacing and then do veneers, but if you are going to go to all that hassle and you like your teeth apart from their position, then moving them orthodontily all the way and whitening them is the why to roll.

I assume I will need to be referred by a dentist for orthodontic treatment?.
    No, you can self refer privately.
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)