Question will my teeth move back after clearstep and veneers?

Hi everyone!

I am hoping someone can shead some light on this for me.....I have just finished 2 years of clearstep on my top teeth and have had 8 veneers over my newly positioned teeth....my dentist has not mentioned giving me a retainer though and has now gone away for 4 weeks...will i need a retainer even though veneers have been fitted, or will the veneers keep my teeth in their new position?

looking for some reassurance really as i have lost some faith in my dentist....he assured me at the start of my treatment that the whole process was going to take 6 months.

best wishes

Hi

I am not really sure about your circumstances and your case, but it is best you speak to your dentist or someone at teh practice as soon as possibe.

When carrying out a case as described by yourself , i always give a removable retainer , which the patient has to wear 6 months to 1 year and then has to wear it every second night for the rest of there life. Different dentists have different protocols.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Hi Dr Sepehrara

Thank you for your advice. much appreciated

Joanna

Thank you for your advice I have been to the practice this morning and an impression has been taken for my retainer......My teeth have already started to move back though. Where do I stand with this? My dentist is away at the moment. The dentist that took my impression said the same as you, that I should have a retainer for the rest of my life.

I feel that my dentist has neglected me really. In your opinion, is there anything I can do about it?

Best wishes

Hi

I would recommend when your dentist comes back you speak to him/her if you have any concerns. I am sure he/she has your best interest in mind.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009