Default Lower canine rotation with invisalign?

One of my lower canines needs about 30 deg rotation, and I've already been for my clincheck and approved everything, but i've recently been reading that there can be problems with rotating canines. I've spoken with another invisalign user who had some problems with the rotation of his lower canine and had a second attachment placed on the back of the tooth which helped move the tooth correctly. I don't currently have any space behind the tooth (it's pressed against another) but after some expansion i will according to the clincheck. Is it common to have an attachment placed on the back of the tooth to aid rotation of stubborn teeth?

My dentist had already sent the first clincheck back to have them place an attachment on my front tooth to aid rotation half way through treatment, but didnt mention anything about potential canine rotation problems. He does seem confident and experienced with invisalign, so i am hoping he will be able to solve any problems like this that come up.

My clincheck estimated/predicted treatment time is just under 12 months if everything goes correctly.
    Last edited by User8219; 09-04-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Hi

Lingual attachments are sometimes necessary to help derotate a tooth. It depends on the case.

Hope this helps

Best of Luck

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009