Exclamation Can anyone offer some help?

Hey!

Im a teenage girl who is extremely counsious over her smile. I was one of those children who sucked their thumb so am slightly misshapen on the right side towards the front of my mouth and to make the gap thumb-sucking- creates worse, I fell when i was 9 and damaged my lip and the very top of my gum which widened the gap.

the gap is only half a cm at its widest point, if that, but I am now getting anxious over my smile, and I smile an awful lot.

I've asked my dentist about braces before, conventional fixed braces, and he turned me down due to a third point on my right Canine tooth, so he said he would be wary of doing anything were the damage is centered.

I wondered whether Invasalign or clear step would work, and if so I would still need to find the main convincer for my parents. Help on both would be amazing!

Thank you XX

Its difficult to say whether the either treatment would be suitable for you without a full consultation. However I would say from what you describe that both Invisalign and Clearstep would struggle to the results you want. To close spaces formed by a thumb sucking habit can only be done with fixed traditional type braces.

Again I would like to say that without a full consultation it is very difficult to give a definitive answer

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy