Default Should i get braces after years of not wearing my retainer?

I previously have had braces (8 years ago), and wore my retainer religiously for years up until about 3 years ago. Since then i haven't been as good and my teeth have moved. I still have my bottom permanent retainer in place but is there a method less invasive as braces to make some corrections on the top? I really want to avoid braces again? Can i get my retainer adjusted to help move my teeth back?

Hi

If you want to improve the appearance of your teeth you can consider:
    - braces
    - veneers
    It is obviously very difficult to say what treatment is the best for you without a full consultation.

I am aware that you are not keen on having braces again, but they are a very conservative way of improving the appearance of your teeth. Braces are a great way of moving teeth and nowaydays there are many types of braces that are hardly noticeable when worn.

Examples of these type of braces are:
    - invisible braces, such as Invisalign and Clearstep (these look like clear retainers)
    - the Inman Aligner ( a removable brace that can move front teeth over a short period of time)
    - lingual orthodontics

you would require life-time retention to maintain the position of your teeth

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009