Default Inman/Invisaign/Veneers

Hello,
    I am very unhappy with my teeth. My bottom arch is over crowded and the front two cross a tiny bit. My top arch is the worst as I have an overbite and my front two teeth are crooked. My mother never took me to the dentist therefore there was a large period when I was not going at all and never had the opportunity to have a brace on the NHS as I believe they only do it if you are under 18 (one of my dentists told me when I was 17 I would be too old by the time I got to the top of the wating list). I have been taking myself every 6 months and obviously had to have some work done but I was lucky enough to have a lovely dentist each time who give me white fillings. I have followed my dentists advice after having to have a scrape and now use an electric toothbrsh and floss. I asked my NHS dentist about clear braces and he said I would be better having veneers done. I would like a second opinion. Also how much does an average consultation cost? I am just looking to have my teeth as straight as possible, I am not looking for perfection just an overall straighter, more attractive look- my main concern is the overbite. I am lucky to have quite white teeth too although if I spent all that money on braces I may just go the full hog! Any suggestions as to what would be needed, prices ranges for each process and average length of treatment?
    Thank you
    Sal

Hi Sally,

very good questions! If your teeth are in good condition and are of good shape, braces would certainly be the best option. If you wanted the most discreet option I'd say look for Invisalign. There are other invisible braces out there but Invisalign is by far the best option.

You may very well be suitable for the Inman aligner but without a full consultation it is not possible to say. The Inman aligner is not quite as discreet but it very fast in its action.

Even if you needed veneers, braces first to put your teeth into a better position (if needed) would enhance the appearance of the veneers and their longevity. Rather than doing things fast you should seek to do them right, a huge amount of my time is spent correcting cosmetics that have either been done cheap or quickly without thought for the final result.

With regards to cost, it very much depends on the complexity of treatment. The Inman aligner costs approx £950-£1500 per arch. Invisalign generally starts from £3000. Do remember that most high end practices will offer finance options.

I'd like to say well done on taking the initiative to look after your teeth! I totally understand you want a smile to be proud of and you want it fast, but as I mentioned take time in selecting your dentist and don't go for the fastest option, go for the best. Quality work done well will go much further and you will be much happier with the result.

I hope this answers your questions, feel free to ask more or contact me if I can be of further help

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy