Default Inman Aligner and Gum lasering

HI my brother and my best pal are both getting married later this year (not to each other), and I have two requests to be bridesmaid however I have a crooked front tooth and quite prominent gums which dont exactly make me rejoice at the thought of beaming for a photographer.

My teeth are perfectly straight other than the one front tooth at the top that is slightly crooked (from one side it looks like a gap), but I was wondering if anyone outside of london could manage both issues for me, and (without being intentionally too demanding) thats open on a saturday due to the fact I've just started a new job and am unable to book holiday before it's accrued?

Any advice is very welcome, I thought I'd look into the Inman method first, because the process is quicker (first wedding is in July)

Many thanks!!
    Kelly

Dear Kelly,

I would be more than happy to take a look but I'm not sure that the Inman aligner will be the best solution for you. The aligner does work very quickly but is limited in the movements it can provide.

I undertake a lot of laser gum contouring but it has to be very selective. The reason for this is that laser recontouring is not very stable in most circumstances. I have recently returned from a private study continuum in the US on state of the art aesthetics and this was one of the points raised.

It is highly unlikely you will find very many places open on Saturdays. I am willing to consider coming in on Saturdays for certain treatments but all consultations are conducted within normal working hours

If I you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a private message

Hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi Kelly,

where are you based? If you let me know which area you are interested in I may be able to direct you to correct practice.

At our practice, we have had a huge surge in enquiries and consultations regarding inman aligners. A lot of our patients have great expectations about this type of treatment, but unfortunately not everyone is suitable for it.

Therefore for these patients we provide clearstep or invisalign (invisible braces).

Regarding gum contouring, please make sure that the dentist you see has been on an accredited and practical course on this procedure. At the practice, we have seen many cases where these procedures have been done incorrectly and this resulted in inflamed gums and gum recession. Gum contouring is not just about cutting the gum away, there is more to it. Again, ask to see before and after picture.

If you require more information please feel free to send me a private message.

Regards
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Good points. The most stable way to correct gum levels is actually with braces. Quite often the type of movement required can be performed with Invisalign braces
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Gum contouring done by surgery can also have stable results if done correctly and if the patient maintains meticulous oral hygiene

www.dental-suite.co.uk

I agree to a certain extent. The newest data shows that the amount of regrowth is in the region of 50% over 2 years. However, this may not always be noticable in the mouth
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Pav,

I think we are talking about different things here. I'll clarify my point: gum contouring done surgically can be successful in the long term if the dentist takes into consideration the bone contour as well.

www.dental-suite.co.uk

Dr Spear has shown that even with bone recontouring there will be some rebound. However it will be less. Gum recontouring without bone reshaping will result in pretty much total rebound. I think we talking about slightly different things, thanks for clarifying

www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default tissue response to gum contouring

Typing of gingivae varies widely, thin and friable to fibrous and thick.

Depending on the degree of shortening the treatments can be a simple gingivectomy with fast bur to bone recontouring and laser / surgical reduction.

Generally the more invasive the reduction the more chance of rebound.

Common sense must prevail. I would generally do balanced reduction so that any rebound will be symmetrical.

Hygeine, tbrush abrasion etc are a factor

best regards

Dav Jamus
    Kensington Dental spa