Thread: Cerec Fillings

Default Cerec Fillings

Hi I live in leicester,

Would like to know if there`s anyone here that does CEREC[B] FILLINGS. Need my metal fillings replaced. Also could you advise me on prices etc. and is it worth it to replace metal fillings with ceramic.

Thank You
    Biljana

It is not always necessary to change amalgam fillings for porcelain ones, and I would recommend changing them for the sake of it. If you wish to replace them for cosmetic reasons then that is another matter. Metal fillings do not seal the tooth and obviously do not look pleasant. Porcelain restorations (of which there are many forms) are incredibly strong and very natural looking.

I use Cerec so that I can use the very best materials to restore teeth, this way your dentistry will last a very long time

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi

Metal fillings, although not aesthetic, are a great way of restoring teeth when used under the right circumstances. Metal fillings have stood the test of time! And research documents this.

Remember: any form of restoration, whether a metal or white filling or a crown, will require replacing.

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Hi,

Amlagam fillings corrode along their margins effectively creating a good anti-bacterial seal around the tooth. As a result we have patients walking around with amalgam fillings that are 20 years old! Its a common fact amongst dentists that amalgams do last the longest. Cerec restorations are a good alternative in the right cases, especially if you'd like a more cosmetic alternative.

Have a look on the FIND a dentist page on this site and you should find quite a few dentists! Im sure one of them will have a Cerec machine!
    DR NILESH R. PARMAR BDS (Lond) MSc (UCL) MSc (GKT)
    Masters in Dental Prosthetics
    Masters in Dental Implants
    http://WWW.DRNILESHPARMAR.COM

Implant Surgeon/General Dentist- Parmar Dental
    www.parmardental.co.uk
    Associate Dentist- London Bridge Dental Practice
    www.lbdp.co.uk
    Implant Surgeon/Prosthodontist- SparklySmiles
    www.sparklysmiles.co.uk

Accredited Gold Member British Dental Bleaching Society

WINNER BEST YOUNG DENTIST IN THE EAST OF ENGLAND PRIVATE DENTISTRY AWARDS 2009