Talking contour,invisalign or stay as a vampire ?

Help!
    I am a private patient that has just changed to an old NHS patient. Long story, wasnt happy.

Anyway..the issue...
    I had a removable brace when i was young to push out my upper incisors..i didn't wear it as long as i should have as i had to wear an extra piece at night that fitted onto the brace and went round the back my head, very uncomfortable and made the corners of my mouth very sore. Still it was my own choice not to, but i regret it now, at 40 !
    Now, my canines look like fangs because A) they are slightly longer than my incisors and B) my incisors are to flat from left to right. Straight ie.... I instead of ( ....at the front. Hope that made sense
    Would i be better to have some shaved off the canines to make them less pointy, which is probably cheaper, or consider a brace of some kind, very expensive.

I do want to do something as it bothers me greatly.I look like a vampire ! When i was a teenager i was a nhs trainee dental nurse for a year and i asked the dentist and she told me not to be so vain, and it was my own fault (she wasnt a nice lady) i have always been to scared to ask another one.

Kind regards
    S

Hi

the options to improve the shape of teeth are
    - teeth straightening (orthodontics)
    - veneers
    - white fillings
    - smoothening some of the enamel down ( usually done for only minor corrections)

it is very difficult to say what is the best option for you and therefore recommend you see a dentist to help you.

regards
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

I am also a bit on the fangy side but mostly because my incisors stick out beyond the normal line of my teeth. I have made the decision at 38 (!) to have a brace. Seems a bit crazy at my age but i had a brace as a teenager but my teeth have definately all shifted forwards (slightly arrow like). So i visited an orthodontist (NOT a cosmetic dentist as there are differences in qualifications etc) and i am going to be fitted with a clear fixed top brace and metal fixed bottom one....a whole lotta metal etc and it should take two years...so i may just about hit 40 with straight teeth!
    My decision to have a bracewas helped along by the fact that i know several people in their mid-late 30's who have decided to do it so i feel a lot less worried about it. Plus, when you get to my age, you don't care what people think anyway!!
    Good Luck
    Becca

Hi Becca, I agree, i dont care what people think, but i am a teacher so i dont wanna ask for a ribing.(lol)
    I bet it was still quite expensive wasnt it ?Did they let you pay in instalments ?
    I have posted on here and asked dentists and had 3 different answers, as im sure its impossible to advise with out seeing me. But i definatly dont have different size jaws and need surgery.Its purely for vanity's sake..im sure its just because im 40 next year that it bothers me, cause im also considering laser eye surgery too.lol.
    Good for you for going the whole hog, its quite trendy now to have a full metal brace.You will be so glad you did when you are 40.
    Anyhooo, im at my new dentist on friday, who ive found out is an orthodontist and a cosmetic consultant, so he should be able to give me a proper idea.