Default Gaps in front teeth...

Hi There,

i need some professional advice... i'v got a gap in my upper front teeth.. and was looking to have the gap closed... thats the only problem with my teeth, after looking hard a long i came across the 'inman aligners'... can this be used to close gap in teeth besides the expensive option of getting invisalign? i hate the idea of wearing braces for too long, and the cost of it.. so far the information on the web is limited regarding inman/A.. can you possibly suggest a treatment thats cost effective and where i dont have to wear the braces for too long. the gap in very small but noticable.

your help would be very much appreciated..
    Kind regards

It very much depends on where the gap is. From your description, I don't think the Inman aligner will be suitable.

If it is a gap referred to as a diastema, and if it is fairly small this can be treated very predictably. Larger gaps need more advanced treatments.

If the gap is due to the angulation (front to back) of the teeth, the Inman aligner may very well be suitable

Hope this helps!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default diastema

i think I’ve got ‘diastema’ (after googling the term) it is fairly small yet apparent. Can you please suggest the best treatment for this, that won’t take months of wearing braces...? and if i have to wear braces then how long will the treatment take... ?

I also have very healthy teeth so veneers are not an option.

Soprano, Its difficult to say without consulting. It may be that braces are your only option. It may be that you need braces and veneers. Many people are concerned about having veneers done. I'm more concerned about veneers being done poorly. I have "healthy" teeth and would not hesitate putting veneers on my teeth, heck, I've even had a consultation to have it done!

Studies show that when done well, veneers actually enhance the strength of teeth. (Note the use of the term when done well). There may not be a simple solution for you. If you are not prepared to wear braces or have veneers you are seriously limiting your options.

You may only need braces for a few months then a couple of ultra conservative veneers. You may need much more bracework and lots more veneers, I really can't say!

May i offer you some professional advice? Go in with an open mind and find a good, reputable cosmetic dentist. Cosmetics is not cheap, please don't go price hunting, it will only lead to disappointing results.
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default recomm

Thanks Dr Pav,

can you recommend a good dentist in london near North West London.

my original dentist's are based in old street. but i hate travelling so far.

Thanks