Default Braces; any advice appreciated Pictures!

Hello,

I havent had a dentist for a number of years now, I live in Scarborough North Yorkshire and basically need some advice on whether I'm a suitable candidate for either Fixed braces, Invisalign or Inman aligners, I need to know which are the best for me, as I'm really not sure which ones to go for, but the cheaper the better! I really dont mind about what I have to look like any more if I do need the fixed ones, but I'd just really like something done about it, because its starting to bother me more and more. My bottom teeth are fine and straight, nothing needs doing to them, but the front have shifted considerably over the years as I have an extra tooth at that side, as you can see in the pics they are at an angle and when my mouth is relaxed they jut out...the 5th tooth along needs to be extracted

I had three extracted when I was 15 due to overcrowding but because I had an odd number of teeth removed (which I dont know why) the other teeth have all shifted forward When I was 15 I had to wear a really thick plastic retainer but didnt wear it for very long! as I found it embarassing and decided against any further action because I was so self conscious and worried about getting bullied at school at the time, I'm 28 years old now, and have always been conscious of my teeth, my family and friends say there's nothing wrong with them, that they dont notice, but they are clearly lying - and they are not me!

I dont know whether to just go to my local private dentist but I am not very confident or trusting, (I dont want anything unecessary done just to up the price of my personal treatment plan, for example, braces on my bottom teeth as well as top) or to just go to a cosmetic practice, as I said before I live in north yorkshire but am willing to travel to York or Leeds or any around that area, if anyone knows where there is a good practice?

Any comments/advice would be very much appreciated, thanks for reading! I know it was a bit long!

Haley,

As you can appreciate we are not permitted to diagnose from photographs. However I can tell you that you would probably be suitable for six month smiles braces given your description and what I can see. This could only be confirmed by a full consultation.

It is important you find a dentist you trust

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hello Dr. Khaira,

thanks for replying! I will certainly consider organizing a possible consultation with the redskydentalspa, as I had heard of it, and was interested in paying a visit before I came on this forum...the 6th month smiles programme sounds very positive and promising

I'll make sure we help you any way we can

Kindest regards

Pav
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy