1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Can I get NHS metal braces from orthodontist

    Hii. I av just turned 18, and i have been askin my dentist for metal braces for years, and she never refered me unless i had 4,000 to pay for them! and now i have just gone to a diffrent dentist and she as refered me to orthodontist! i was so happy when she said ill refer you. but i have just turned 18, and i am a ema student get 30 pound a week? as i am a full time student getting ema? am i eligible for metal braces. i have a fang on my right hand side. and it puts me down such a lot! a carnt even smile. and as am getting older the more am bothered about it. could any 1 please give me information? can i get them on nhs?
    Last edited by amyvee92; 09-15-2010 at 09:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Dr Pav Khaira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007


    The NHS can help if it is very crooked, for simpler cases you will have to pay privately. This unfortunately does not depend on how you feel about the position. You would need to see an orthodontist to have this assessed

    I hope this helps

    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Log in