Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Overbite and Underbite

HI
    I have a question. My jaw is sort of twisted. As a resut one side of my teeth has an overbite and the other has an underbite. Is it possible to fix this? And if so how would it be done?
    Thanks for your help

Overbite, crossbite, high or narrow palate. Had to be extended to palate, unless they do not need to do surgery because he has been before my taste U.S.. Even after all was still make a number of teeth to get fit in the mouth.

A friend of mine has the same thing, it sounds like a cross-bite? he has been referred to an NHS orthodontist it looks like he may be eligible for jaw surgery on the NHS. apparently some crossbites can be fixed with braces but more severe cases need surgery - my friends bite is a whole tooth out of alignment as well as having a crossbite, he also suffers lots of pain and gets lock-jaw. hope you find help for this

Hi there, also have an underbite that I would like to have corrected. How do I go about getting this done on the NHS? Do I need to talk to my dentist first? All advice much appreciated.

This will only be done on the NHS of your problem is very severe and may require surgical correction. Your dentist should be able to refer you to the correct consultant

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for your reply Dr Khaira, can you give me an idea on what the NHS would consider a severe problem?

Unfortunately it's difficult to describe, but it must be pretty severe. You would need to see an orthodontist for that assessment
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

So if I ask my dentist, will he be able refer me to an orthodontist for assessment?

Yes that should be the case. If your dentist has the training in orthodontics they may be able to give you a clear indication as to the likelihood of treatment on the NHS
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Thankyou for your advice, I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday, so I'll ask him then.