Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me please:

I have had braces previously and after wearing the retainer for 12 months 24hrs a day, was told I didnt need it anymore and it was taken back from the dentist. Within three months my teeth were very near to their pre braced state and the four years of braces were wasted.

I have breathing difficulties and breathe out of my mouth and the dentist had a go saying it was my fault and nothing he could do.

Ever since, the healthiness and state of my teeth have decreased, as I am o embarrased and self concious.

To others they may not seem that bad, but like someones weight might get them down, its my teeth that do it for me.

I want to be hapy in myself again and would love to start smiling again.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any trainee orthodontists that require to do this for their exam or something, as I am 20 now and despite being in full time education, I am not sure if the NHS would cover considering Ive had them before (Im pretty sure they wont).

This is not a cosmetic issue as I am not materialistic or girly like that, but this is a really personal thing. I want to help someone to help me and that will encourage me and give me a goal to look after my teeth for.

I hope someone can help me,

Thanks very much,
Kelly