Default concerns over my 6 months smile, advice appreciated!

Hi, I had my 6 moths smile fit a week ago and already the coating on the wire at the front of my brace has come off and now is silver. I expected the coating to wear off eventually but not this soon. Plus this was one of the main reasons I opted for a 6 month smile, because it was clear brackets with a TOOTH COLOURED wire!! is this normal? has anybody else expperienced this so soon into having their brace fit??

Thanks, A

Default six months smile

Hi,

I had a six months smile brace fitted for 7 months last year, my wire was ok for 5 months and then gradually the coating came off but it was only in the last month that it started to look more noticable. I would go back and see your dentist and insist on the wwire being changed.

Carol

Default hi

how much did it cost you to get a 6 month smile braces ?? upper and lower jaw ?? thanks

Hi Lou

I just got fitted yesterday with 6 month smile braces and both upper and lower costs £2500.

Hope this helps.

I have a tooth coloured brackets and wire (not the 6 month smiles system though) at the moment, and the wire has only lasted a week or two before the white coating has worn away.

Probably best to accept the wire will be silver. It is still a lot more discrete than regular appliance though.

I had my six month smile fitted in November and it is coming off next week. I only had my top teeth done but had quite severe crowding. My wire has stayed white the entire time and have had it changed 4 times in total ( the different stability wires )

I was expected to have it for 8 month and treatment has only took 3.
    I was treated by Simon at Kissdental in Manchester. It cost me 2200 and included consulatation, xrays, moulds and retainers

Very happy!