Thread: Jawline

Post Jawline

Hey

Not sure whether I'm in the right place here, but here goes...

I am mind-20s, and live in the UK. When I was a child I was given removable braces that pushed my lower jaw forward, thus aligning my bottom teeth with my upper teeth. It was done by little plastic blocks inside the brace that kind of locked my jaw into a better position. Sorry for my lack of technical knowledge! I wore it for about 6 months, I believe about half the time I was supposed to. I am going back a long time though, so can't remember fully. I am living to regret it a bit, as my jawline is relatively weak, and would like to improve it...

So it there any procedures/braces that can be used to do this? How much in the UK? and, if braces, are there any that are invisible, or I could only wear at night? I am mind 20s, so braces would be a bit embarrassing

Thanks for your help

someone will give you better advice than me as ortho is not my thing but it sounds like you would possibly be suitable for invisalign
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)