Default braces for an overjet and overbite

i need a few guides into braces please

i have need a brace for ages but i never had 1 as i didnt want train tracks...........

i have a overbite / overjet...... my 2 front teeth stick out more then the rest i had a consultation when i was 18 then ortho i saw said id need a brace on my front 6 teeth again i didnt go ahead cause i didnt want to have a fixed brace, i no i cant reduce my over bite completely my 2 front teeth over bite / over jet by 6mm but my teeth next to them are approx 3mm over im be quite happy if my teeth overbite in total by 3mm max

can invisalign braces help over bites?? or any other braces? 6 month smile for example i could deal with

my teeth are not crooked there straight they jus purtrude over. thanks in advance

Invisalign may be able to help a little but unlikely the amount that you want. The key with the vast majority of fast brace systems is that they generally are only good for people who do not need much work doing with their overjet.

It is possible to use these braces, however the treatment time is generally a little longer.

The other alternative would be something along the lines of Incognito, where the brackets are on the inside of your teeth. Incognito doesn't use standardised brackets, and everything is bespoke, this means we have more control over tooth movement and the entire process is more comfortable.

You would of course need a detailed examination for any definitive advice.

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Without seeing your teeth it is difficult to give specific advice. However there may other ways than a fixed appliance (train tracks) to fix your problem, namely an Inman aligner or Invisalign. These are both
    removable when required. Alternatively if greater changes are required, short term fixed orthodontics such as six month smile may be more acceptable to you than a full course of orthodontics. These usually use tooth coloured brackets and so are less noticeable than you may think. If greater changes to your bite are required then conventional orthodontics may be best but these can now be on the inside of the teeth(lingual appliances) and so not noticeable at all.

I would advise an appointment with a general cosmetic dentist who can discuss all these options and then refer to an orthodontist if required. A good place to search is the find a dentist section of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (BACD)

Dr David Bloom BDS