Default Maligned teeth problem.

My teeth are turning into a real mess and i'm aware of it every time i smile.
    My two upper front teeth have a 1/4 inch gap which is starting to protrude and my lower teeth are over lapping. What are my options for corrections? Apart from that my teeth and gums are healthy.
    I'm 46 and have been told that i am too old for braces because my teeth will return to their original position once the braces are removed! Does this mean that my only options are implants? What are the pros and cons for implants?
    Thanks for any advice

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I'm 46 and have been told that i am too old for braces because my teeth will return to their original position once the braces are removed!
    I would get a second opinion, ortho may not be appropriate but it is usually possible
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

46 is definately not to old to have orthodontics. One should no be concerned with teeth moving back, as long as proper retention protocols are followed. In most cases permanent retention may be required by either a removable retainer worn at night time or a bonded retainer.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Depends on where you are. I have one, and I have not caused any problems and did not show, so I left it alone for now. If he starts acting up, however, disappeared puppy.