Default Temporary Veneers

I had temporary veneers put on yesterday and I hate them, really really hate them. I'm the youngest of three and both my siblings had problems with their top teeth protruding and I was the lucky one that didn't. With these on I now do!!

So my first question is can I get these removed and not go ahead with permanant veneers? I really have changed my mind. I know that he has filed my teeth done and where my front two teeth overlapped I now have a gap to fit the veneers but I'd rather have that than big goofy bugs bunny teeth! Also could these be capped instead?

Next question is that I took a 0% interest deal for £2,500. How do I get them to recalculate the costs based on me not getting the veneers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am quite traumatised at the moment

Ok first the whole point of temporary veneers is so you can go back to your dentist and tell him what you dont like and be honest and and tell him/her exactly what is wrong with them, the shape, the size, too long, too short etc...

Next you have had your teeth prepped and so i think the only options you would have would be veneers or perhaps cosmetic bonding... the dentists here will chip in to the discussion.

my advice in this situation would be to go back to your dentist and talk to him / her and express your concerns.
    admin

Thanks, my main problem with them is the thickness which is now giving the impression of me having buck teeth. I wasn't sure that there was anything that could be done about that. I also don't like the size of them but if that was all that was bothering me then I'd know that they could be fixed.

Hi Claire,

Your temporary veneers should closely resemble your final veneers. If they are thick now they will likely be thick when they are finally fitted.

I suggest you speak to your dentist and have all of your concerns addressed before the final veneers are delivered.

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks, I'm going on Saturday and I'm just going to get the temporary ones removed and stop them from making permanent ones. I don't know if I'll then be able to get my actual teeth capped or something by another dentist where they have been filed down. Do you know anything about this?

If you've had your teeth prepared you will need veneers of some kind. Beofre you decide not to go ahead I would speak to youor dentist regarding your concerns and see if they can correct it. Moving to crowns would be too destructive for cosmetic purposes.

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Thank you for your help and advice. I've spoken to my dentist and I'm going in tomorrow night. He says that the temporary ones are 1.5mm thick to avoid them breaking off but he can get the permanant ones down to 0.5mm thick. Does that sound right or not? It would make me a lot more comfortable about going ahead with it as I wouldn't have such a big overbite.

It is certainly feasible. My temporary veneers are very thin but I do understand where your dentist is coming from. I would suggest you look at the thickness of them prior to bonding them in so that your mind is at ease

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Thank you so much for all your help and advice. I feel a lot more positive about it than I did before. I guess I'll now just need to wait and see what happens tomorrow when I talk to my dentist about it!