Default veneers too prominent

Really in need of advice!
    After a great deal of research and a number of consultations i decided to go ahead with treatment of my teeth with 8 veneers with a very reputable dentist. The treatment cost was at the higher end of the scale. My teeth were straight beforehand, i just wanted the veneers to restore the shape of my teeth which were chipped and the enamel spotted. As I have quite large teeth naturally, I stressed on a number of occasions that I did not want my teeth to be any larger or longer than my own teeth. The temporaries I recieved were superb, ideal length and shape, and I confirmed with my dentist that I wanted the final veneers to be copied according to the wax-up/temporaries. My final veneers were fitted and I was shown them briefly resting on my teeth before they were cemented.They did look a little big but I put this down to the fact that I was swollen due to the anaesthetic, and i had been assured that the finals would be no bigger or longer.
    Now I'm in the final veneers and I'm so disappointed. They are longer than my natural teeth and more bulky than the temps. I feel I cannot smile as I could, as Im so aware of showing these teeth which are too dominant in my face. They are also more prominent and push out my lips, which my own teeth never did.
    Im looking for advice as to where I stand, with the veneers being different to what I approved in the temps. Im so unhappy and dont feel i can live with these veneers for the next 10-15 years of my life. I saved a long time to have this treatment done so I cannot
    afford to pay the price over again.
    Will the dentist do new veneers for me without charge in circumstances such as these?

Please advise,
    Extremely worried,
    John

Hi John,

I suggest you speak to your dentist about your concerns. They should be willing to open a dialogue with you to discuss your concerns and what can be done

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for your reply, i realise you cannot speak on behalf of another dentist, but do you feel that I can request that these are redone seeing as they do not match what was approved in the temps? I am so so worried that I will have to live with them like this. Have you ever come accross a similar situation in your own work?
    Thanks

I have not had similar problems, although there can be minor differences between the temps and final veneers they should be very minor.

If there is a big difference between your temps and final veneers, I should see no reason why your dentist wouldn't at least want to know, especially if you are unhappy!

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

hi im new to this forum, so be patient ha ha .can i ask dr pav a question , ive been considering veneers for long time, i hate all my top teeth wore a brace for five year and now they look horrid again. ive also only got 6 teeth at the top all at the front , no back teeth at all. would a cosmetic dentist do all six veneers , dont really want to go down the route of having implants in more money which ive not got and uyou can really see all my back ones when i smile.

Yes it can be done as long as your bite is not too "heavy". With very strong bites, you may need support at the back to help take the load. Without a full consultation I can't say more, but yes it is possible under the right circumstances

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com