Default trimming veneers

I am writing on behalf of my mum, would really appreciate some advice as she is very stressed out.
    Is it possible, once a crown/veneers been fitted, to have them filed down if they are too long for the patient? My mum specifically requested the teeth not to be made significantly longer for her veneers but they have. Would they have to be re-done or is it possible to trim the length slightly to improve the look? if so, could the dentist do this or would the technician need to be involved? I have a bad feeling she may need to end up getting her veneers re-done elsewhere which is awful given the expense so far, but generally just to enquire if venners or crowns can be adjusted in length once they've been glued on.

Thank you i appreciate your reply x

Hi

In some case the veneers could have very minor adjustments done by the dentist. But each case is differenent. In some cases this may not be possible , without redoing the veneers/ crowns.

I would recommend your mother speaks to the dentist who carried out the procedure, to see if this is possible.

Regards
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Thank you for your reply, I wonder could you advise me further?
    In general, if someone has is unhappy with the length of their veneers, and the temporaries were not that long and were approved by the patient beforehand, would this be grounds to request new veneers, and could the cosmetic dentist refuse to re-do them? Also would re-doing the veneers damage the teeth?
    My mum feels that the length is uncomfortable and her speech is a little different so she's very upset.

Many thanks x

Hi

My advice would be for your mother to go back to the dentist and voice her concerns. I am sure there is perfect solution.

Good luck!
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009