Default Cannot afford veneers can i get NHS veneers?

I have had veneers since I was 16 and they were free on the nhs via my dentist. My dental surgery has now become private. I am now 28 and three of the veneers have come off and its a matter of tim before the others come away. Yesterday i went to see them as a matter of urgency to see what could be done and came back with a quote of 3k. I do not have the funds to pay for this and it's causing me a lot of stress and my confidence level is at an all time low.

The quote is based on having all six of my veneered teeth replaced with crowns for strength a tooth whitening programme so that they are easier to match and improve the appearance and possibly some root canal work on one of my teeth.

If I had known at the age of 16 that this would be so expensive I doubt I would have had the veneers done, so i feel a little led on.

Is there any advice you can give me as to how to rectify this situation without having to take out loans or get into debt? I do realise that I do need the work doing asap.

hi

i am sorry to hear about your circumstances.

I am afraid that there will be a cost to getting high quality veneers. If they carried out correctly i.e
    1. checking the bite
    2. using high quality technicians
    3. using an experienced dentist in providing cosmetic dentistry
    4. etc

then the veneers should last for a long time. Unfortunately this would not be possible on the nhs. Also many practices are able to offer finance plans.

Regards

Kal
    Dr Kalpesh Bohara BDS MFDS RCS

View Dr Bohara's profile click here

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire
    High quality general and cosmetic dentistry
    www.dental-suite.co.uk

Default 0% Finance

Unless you have some savings you will have to get into debt. From what I've read even if you did get your veneers done for free via NHS they will be substandard and you won't be happy with the end result. I have been looking at various people and I can spot crap NHS veneers a mile off !
    I have borrowed £3000 on 0% finance and repaying £125 for 24 months. This seems to be very reasonable and hopefully I'll get at least 10 years wear out of them. People think nothing of getting themselves into debt for a car that they won't keep for 10yrs!