Hi,

I recently had 6 veneers fitted and an old crown replaced on the upper. The lab put in a translucency so the tooth surface underneath would not show through the veneers, the crown was done the same way to make it all look even.

Im now paranoid that the crown stands out and there may be a problem. When I look into a mirror with low light the veneers look darker than the crown. However when I take a photo and I smile, or in brighter light they all look even in colour and white like they should be?

I know the crown covers the whole of the tooth and will let more light in, while a veneer is just a shell. but is it right that when i look in a mirror i can possibly see a difference in colour like ive experienced? or is it just a trick of the light and to others they all look even.

the crown really stands out to me, but then in another light they look fine.

im confused.

Is this normal? or is there something wrong with them?

I know its hard to say without an examination, i will go pester my dentist if i really have to, but wondered if this is normal to see, i'll be gutted if i need more work doing. I paid £500 for each of the veneers and crowns btw.

thanks