Default Veneers for protruding teeth

Last edited by Donna; 08-12-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Hi Donna,

It very much depends on the nature of the problem. Many people ask for veneers as a fast solution to a problem. Veneers are amazing when used appropriately. If your problem is purely a tooth position problem and not tooth size, you should really consider brace work. Invisalign and the Inman aligner offer discreet and ultra fast solutions to many problems.

If your teeth protrude and you have a tooth size problem, the best course of action may be braces followed by veneers. It is very difficult to say what is required without a full consultation.

Veneers may require minimal preparation of your teeth but remember they will likely need replacing in the years to come

I hope this answers your questions

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for your reply but i dont think i explained my question properly.

Position is not the problem. I want to get veneers because my teeth are worn and as a result discoloured and i also have a small gap between my two front teeth.

what I was actually trying to ask was is it in theory possible to use veneers if someones teeth stick out slightly? I have been told at a consultation that it isnt but am wondering if it is worth going to another consultation. I have an appointment with transform soon but it may be a waste of money.

Hi

You say say that would want to consider veneers because your teeth are

1. worn
    2. discoloured
    3. protruding.

If they are protruding, this is a position problem. It would be best to get the teeth put in a favourable allignment by invisable braces or inmagn alligner(if possible). Then you would get the teeth veneered by minimal preparation, therefore avoiding removing alot of tooth substance.

You also say your teeth are worn. There has to be a reason for this. If you simply get veneers done then this wear pattern will continue and possible cause damage to the veneers. Therefore in many of my cases i give a nightguard for the patient to wear to protect the veneers, as well as trying to treat the main reason why this wear is occuring.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Raha
    Last edited by Dr Sepehrara; 06-15-2008 at 07:59 AM.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Hi,

No I dont want veneers because my teeth are protruding. This cannot be corrected I already had braces for many years.

I want to get veneers because my teeth are worn. The reason for this is excessive vomiting which was due to illness which is now in the past.

Just to clarify I do not want veneers to correct protruding teeth. I just want to know if it is possible to use veneers on protruding teeth.

Do you understand my question?
    Last edited by Donna; 06-15-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Thank you for clarifying. There is no reason you cannot have veneers to correct the wear to your teeth. With correctly applied principles, there is no reason your teeth should look bulkier. It is important to see examples of work done by your dentist so you can see what veneers look like once they have been placed
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks thats what I wanted to know!