Thread: veneers +ortho

Default veneers +ortho

Having done some research online ive found that lots of cosmetic dentists recommend ortho treatment prior to veneers for optimum results. What im wondering is what would happen with regards to retention- would you need to have a new retainer made following the placement of the veneers?
    Im currently in essix retainers after invisalign treatment but im considering veneers to correct a few things im still unhappy with ie i have a couple of cracks in my front teeth and a chip in one of them. Im very weary however, as lots of the before and after pics ive seen of veneers look rather false i think! it seems quite hit and miss to get a great result.
    Do the cosmetic dentists here feel that its more likely to get a fantastic result if the teeth are aligned to begin with?
    This site is very helpful, thank you, i look forward to any replies/advice
    Cheers

Braces are often needed prior to veneer placement. It will be very easy to make a new retainer after treatment.

Veneers should look completely natural. They can look totally false if they are made too white or are made cheap. Cheap veneers are oftentimes made by a technician with limited experience who has to make them quickly without attention to detain to keep the costs down.

Some people like that false look and specifically want it, but with good planning and excellent execution they should look totally natural

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Many thanks, that is most helpful. Im carefully considering this before i make any decisions! I know its not a cheap treatment but i feel the cost would be worth it if i was at last pleased with my teeth and able to smile without feeling self-conscious. I am getting married in November and would love to have it done by then.

Do you have any recommendations Dr Khaira in the North West at all? I would like to look at a few practises before going ahead to compare.
    Thank you, John

Hi John. The best thing to do would be to ask for examples of work for any dentist you consider. I'm not sure of anyone in the nirth west, but I'm sure if any dentist in these forums does they will be happy to send you a private message
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy