Default gum pain and tingling lip?

hi, I am hoping someone can help. I had 6 veneers fitted to my front top teeth two and a half weeks ago, and dental crowns to either side. The dentist also put white fillings in four of my lower teeth at the back since they had large metal fillings. The dentist told me my gums would feel sensitive for a week afterwards. However, my gums are still quite red and tender, to the point where I have to use paracetemol, and I am getting a strange tingling sensation, just very slight but noticeable, in my top lip and above it. Is this normal?? I can floss OK and there's no bleeding per se. Also, I can see a faint line across one of the veneers I had not noticed before. It looks like a crack. You have to look pretty hard to see it, so I'm not too worried about its appearance, but I am wondering if it means the veneer is vulnerable to breaking off at that point? I can't go back to the dentist to get it checked because they are abroad (yes I know). I don't grind my teeth that I know of.

What you are describing is not normal. It does sound like your veneer has cracked and you must get it seen to as it is highly likely to fracture.

Without a consultation it's difficult to say exactly what is going on but some of the symptoms you describe are indicative of gum disease. Additionally, when you have fillings replaced you should have no excessive sensitivity.

You really need to see a dentist to find out what is going on

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks - much appreciated.

Today the gum sensitivity has disappeared but the root of my tongue is incredibly sore and feels swollen, which hasn't happened before (!?)

I will get myself to a dentist.

sorry, one other question - I noticed on one of the other threads one of the dentists said it can take quite a time for the mouth to "settle down" after cosmetic work - how long would be average, roughly? ... I do know another person who had veneers put on her teeth on the NHS and her gums were sore for a few weeks.

It normally takes around 10 days to settle down. What you are describing about your tongue is not normal and may be related to some of the medications used whilst you were abroad. I would highly recommend you go back to the dentist who did the work as they should have full records of what materials etc were used

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

once again many thanks.