My Gum Has Receded Leaving A Gap, How Much For A Crown?

Hi! When i was 16 i had my two front teeth knocked out by a hockey ball and I had crowns put in. I am now 32 years old and have had x rays done and all is fine but my gum has receded slightly leaving a noticeable gap between my front right tooth and my gum. I want to get this crown replaced and am wondering how much this replacement will cost? and is there a waiting list or a procedure i need to take in order to have this fixed.

kind regards.

Hello. Thank you for your question. It is very difficult to answer this question without seeing you. However, crowns vary in price, depending on the materials used in making the crown. as a general figure one crown should cost around £500-600. You will have to contact your dentist for the time scale of having this done. At our surgery there would be no waiting time for the preparation, but you would have to wait for the work to be returned from the laboratory which is around 2 weeks. This is different from surgery to surgery, so you will need to see what timescale your dentist has.

I hope this helps

dr hussein shaffie

Dr Hussein Shaffie

The Sandford Dental Implant and Cosmetic Centre
306 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 8AA
Web: Tel: 02083037051
Email: [email protected]

View My Profile Dr Shaffie

May 21st, 2013 at 08:47 PM
valerie Says :

I am 58, and my gums are starting to recede. I had an accident which broke my two front teeth and had 2 crowns put in about 30 years ago, but there is a noticeable gap between the crown and gum. Can the crowns be replaced?

Leave a Reply