How Can I Get Jaw Surgery in the UK?

Hello. I have a class 3 underbite and was evaluated to have jaw surgery years ago in my country. I had braces on and regular visits for 6 months. Then I moved, and tried to find a dentist that could carry on the treatment but couldn’t find any. So since I settled in the UK 3 years ago, I found out that it was very difficult to get the jaw surgery done on the NHS. I got my braces removed and gave up for some time, but I feel so over-conscious about the problem that I cant even smile when taking pictures. The fact that people still make fun of my problem affects me sometimes. I would like to do something about it.
Hello, thank you for your question. Please go and see a specialist orthodontist who has lots of experience treating cases where jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) is required – they can then refer you to a suitable surgeon for the surgery. You will almost certainly need to have fixed braces again, but most kinds these days are very discreet. Regards, Mark. 
dr mark hughes

Dr Mark Hughes

Harley Street Dental Studio
52 Harley Street, London W1G 9PY
Web: Tel: 020 7636 5981

View My Profile Dr Hughes

Leave a Reply