Can I Have My Calcified Root Drilled Out Privately with a Crown Built on Top?

I am a 65 year old male. Recently, I broke a double filling at the front of my mouth. After a visit to my NHS dentist it was hoped that a crown could be built upon inserting a post into the tooth’s root canal. However, after an X-ray and examination, it been decided that I would need an extraction as the root canal had become calcified (the tooth is dead).
My question is can the root be drilled out privately and crown built? If so, what would be to maximum cost?
Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Without an X-ray I’m afraid I can’t tell, but it would be worth finding an endodontist (root canal specialist) to see if they can do it under a microscope and save the tooth. Kind regards, Andrew. 
Dr Andrew Moore Advance Dental Clinic 104 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0JG Web: Tel: 08443 87 87 88 View My Profile Dr Moore

Leave a Reply