Can I Get Dental Help From the NHS or Will I Need to Go Private?

I had an eating disorder for many years and now my front teeth are very worn and sensitive. They now look more like fangs than teeth due to vomiting and brushing my teeth straight after. Do the NHS help with cosmetic dentistry in cases like mine or would I have to go private and what would the cost be? I have had to have three back teeth removed in the past not because they had rotten, more that the small holes caused by acid caused a great deal of pain. Now I no longer feel like I can smile, I don’t like people to see my front teeth.
Hello, thank you for your question. Occasionally they will offer some help, but you will need a referral from your dentist or GP to the local teaching hospital to see if they can offer you a solution. Kind regards, Andrew.
Dr Andrew Moore Advance Dental Clinic 104 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0JG Web: Tel: 08443 87 87 88 View My Profile Dr Moore

Leave a Reply