Are there any alternatives to dentures if I have gum disease and a receeding jawbone?

Q. Hi,I have been told by my dentist that I have gum disease and my jawbone has receded too far for dental implants.He said that eventually all my teeth will fall out and that dentures are the only option.Is there anything that can be done?,
A. Gum disease can be treated, I would recommend a consultaion with a specialist Periodontist in regards to your gum disease and bone loss. I have a specialist Periodontist at my clinic Dr Mark Howdle please feel free to conatct the clinic to arrange a consultation.
dr kailesh solanki

Dr Kailesh Solanki

Kissdental – UK Practice of the Year 2007
157 Woodsend Road, Flixton, Manchester, M41 8GN.
2 New Street, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 2QS.
13 Stanley Street, Manchester, M8 8SH.
Web: Tel: 0161 748 5250

View My Profile Dr Solanki

January 2nd, 2011 at 08:47 PM
tim busch Says :

i’ve got a full denture for 2 yrs. & i’ve lost the suction & need a reline but can’t afford it…now i have a problem with recession, upper gum line is a full flap around my gum line…right up to the jaw bone…hurt’s like hell….Help i’m losing alot of weight that i really can’t afford too….thx Tim

Leave a Reply