Dr Brian Franks BDS (U.Lond) LDS RCS (Eng) MFGDP (UK) FPFA ACIArb
Dr Franks' Profile
Brian is the Clinical Director of Dentistry for Bupa. He is a Bachelor of Dental Surgery of the University of London, a Licenciate of Dental Surgery of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, has a post-graduate Membership of the Faculty of General Dental Practice of The Royal College of Surgeons (UK) and is a Fellow of The Pierre Fauchard Academy ("Fellowship of this distinguished Honour Academy is by invitation only and is limited to ethical dentists who have made a significant contribution to the profession and the community"). He is also an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Facial aesthetics clinician, including wrinkle reduction injections and dermal fillers
- Sole dental representative on the Independent Healthcare Advisory Services (IHAS) working party into Self-Regulation for Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
- Principal and tutor for wrinkle reduction and dermal filler training courses
- Cosmetic dentistry including: tooth whitening, Inman Aligner (straightening front teeth from 10 – 16 weeks)
- Snoring solutions
- Expert dental witness for law firms
Brian has a unique insight into the world of dentistry having worked in NHS,private and corporate dentistry and having served on numerous committees in all three sectors over a 25 year period.
Brian is an experienced presenter/lecturer and teacher on the dental circuit.
He is a dental expert witness for a number of law firms.
He writes a bi-monthly column for Dentistry Magazine and is a contributor to Body Language magazine.
Brian became involved in facial aesthetics as a natural progression from dentistry. As well as being a facial aesthetic clinician, Brian also runs his own recognised training courses for botulinum toxin wrinkle reduction treatment and dermal fillers and Administration of Local Anaesthesia for Dermal Filler Treatment.
In March 2008, Brian was invited onto the Independent Healthcare Advisory Services (IHAS) working party for Self-Regulation of Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures, in particular botulinum toxin and dermal fillers. He is the sole dental representative.
He is a member of the following:
- International Academy of Advanced Facial Aesthetics
- Association of Facial Aesthetics
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- British Dental Association
- General Dental Council Private Patients Complaints Panel
- Dental Law and Ethics Forum
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Facial Aesthetics and Dentistry:
Bupa Wellness Dental Centre,
36-38, Cornhill, London, EC3V 3ND
Dr Brian Franks Facial Aesthetics - Private Consulting Rooms:
108, Harley Street,
London, W1G 7ET
Totteridge Beauty Secrets,
48 Totteridge Lane,
London, N20 9QJ
Facial Aesthetic Training Course Centres:
Senova Dental Studios, Watford.
Bupa Wellness Centre, Solihull, West Midlands.