What Options Do I Have as a Nervous Patient?
Hello. I have a huge fear of the dentist. I need a lot of work done and ultimately want to get caps or crowns on all my teeth so they look nice for the first time in my life.
Because of my fear I am looking for a dentist that will knock me out so I don’t know what is going on.
I can no longer eat properly for fear of one of my teeth falling out so I tend to just have liquid food, so I don’t have to bite down or chew.
I also need a finance option, as I know a lot of work needs to be done and wont be able to afford all of the treatment up front.
Hi, thank you for your question. Most dentists now provide sedation for nervous patients. Financing is usually available, especially if you’re having a lot of work done but you must ask in advance to clarify if your practice can assist you, Mark.
- I’ve Been Scared Of Visiting A Dentist Since I Last Had Dental Surgery. What Can Be Done To Calm Me Down?
- Can You Tell Me If I Can Get My Crown Down Under General Anaesthetic? Sedation Doesn’t Work For Me.
- I Don’t Like Pain Or Needles – What Are The Alternatives For People With Dental Phobia?
- My teeth have rotten away. What can be done to help me? How many appointments?
- How can I find a NHS dentist that will help me with my dental phobia?
Dr Mark Hughes
Harley Street Dental Studio
52 Harley Street, London W1G 9PY
Web: www.harleystreetdentalstudio.com Tel: 020 7636 5981