My Personal Problems Meant That I Neglected My Teeth, How Do I Get Them Fixed?

Hello doctor, I need some advice as I have been in a severely depressed state of mind and have just been referred back to my GP from the community mental health team. This was an ongoing situation over the last three years +
During this time and before, My teeth were neglected due to my state of mind. Just on the top row I only have 3 good / whole teeth and the rest are either missing or badly broken. My back molars top and bottom were extracted in hospital when I was 7 or 8.
To this day I dont know why.
I am too ashamed to go to a dentist and am wondering – should I go to hospital or see my own GP first. I am just starting to pick up the pieces in life and now have my heart set on being a new person and being able to smile.
I live in Kingston upon Thames, London. I am 42 and allergic to aspirin and penicillin – Just for reference.
I am eligible for NHS as I am on DLA & ESA and currently not working.
I have suffered from PERICARDITIS for about 6 years now as it is a re-occurring symptom. I am currently on simvastatins for cholestoral. Other medication includes amitryptaline, isosorbide mononitrate, co-dydramol, sertraline, zopiclone (taken rarely). Just to give an insight of my medical history. Hope to hear from you shortly.

Yours Gratefully.

Hello Jason. I guess the first step is to find an NHS dentist in your area to take you on. You may need to call round a few practices but maybe speak to friends as they may be able to recommend someone to you.
dr andrew moore

Dr Andrew Moore

Advance Dental Clinic
104 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0JG
Web: Tel: 08443 87 87 88

View My Profile Dr Moore

March 25th, 2013 at 08:47 PM
Paul Says :

Hello there my partner has severe gaps in her teeth to a dentist insisting teeth had? To come out when she was younger???
Now every tooth had a gap and she now hides her mouth with her fingers (at times) when she
speaks, she is very paraniod people are looking at her mouth and we are getting married next year, what can we do??? i can send pics if needed, would nhs help?

Leave a Reply