Is there a way to file down pointed canine teeth, and align with rest of my teeth? Cost?

Q. Hi, My canine teeth a quite pointed, is there a way of “filing” them down so they are aligned with the rest of my teeth? also how much would this cost? Thanks,
A. There is a procedure called enamel plasty that can be performed on your teeth to make them more symmetrical. this is the filing down of the enamel on your teeth into shape. The only problem is, that it must be kept in enamel- or you may suffer from sensitivity afterwards. your canine teeth have more dentine than your other teeth (the layer of tooth tissue under the enamel) I would recommend that you see your dentist to discuss your concerns and he/she will point you in the right direction. Good luck and Thanks for your enquiry.
dr kailesh solanki

Dr Kailesh Solanki

Kissdental – UK Practice of the Year 2007
157 Woodsend Road, Flixton, Manchester, M41 8GN.
2 New Street, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 2QS.
13 Stanley Street, Manchester, M8 8SH.
Web: Tel: 0161 748 5250

View My Profile Dr Solanki

May 4th, 2011 at 08:47 PM
faith Says :

I have quite pointed incisor teeth, both upper and lower jaw. Can you suggest what can be done to make them less pointed?,

May 4th, 2011 at 08:47 PM
sian Says :

You could file then slightly or place veneers

Leave a Reply