I would like to have a bonding to fix the gap inbetween my front teeth can i get it done in NHS?

Q. Hi, I am under 18 years of age, and I have a gap in between my teeth; this maybe due to the piece of skin attatched in between it, I believe its called a frenum or frenulum. I would like to have bonding to fix the gap, would this be free under the NHS? And if I was to have the piece of skin cut if I decide not to have bonding, will this get rid of my gap? Thankyou

A. Removing the skin will help to prevent the gap re-occurring but will not cause spontaneous closure.
Bonding between the teeth should be available on the NHS, I would recommend you seek someone with some cosmetic training to give you the best results possible.

Dr J GLaister

dr justin glaister

Dr Justin Glaister

11 Harley Street, London, W1G 9PF
Web: www.umbrellasmiles.com Tel: 020 7612 9810

View My Profile Dr Glaister

April 27th, 2011 at 08:47 PM
Natan Says :

Hello there, My question is about bonding, I have a false tooth at the front of my teeth, I have had this for 20 years after an accident, I had it replaced again about 9 years ago, but got an infection and now my two front teeth have both got a gum shrinking problem, I feel very concious as I always had a lovely smile, and try not too show my teeth, but I’m quite gummy so it is difficult, can you tell me if gum bonding is available on the NHS, as my dendist don’t do it? thank you.

Leave a Reply