I Have A Hole In My Tooth And My Gums Hurt. My Dentist Is Fully Booked, Should I See My GP?

Hello Dr Hughes. I have a question for you. I have a very painful tooth and gum, which is currently preventing me from eating properly. I can’t get an appointment with my dentist at the moment. He suggested that I take Ibuprofen but it is not making any difference. What else can I try/use? I do have a hole in the tooth which has been there for a very long time. I don’t think I can wait for 2 weeks to see my dentist, do you think I should see my GP?
Thank you for your reply in advance. 
Hello and thank you for getting in touch. I would advise that you find another dentist who can see you immediately. Your GP is likely to refer you to a dentist also. It’s difficult for me to tell you what’s wrong without seeing you but whenever you experience painful teeth and gums you should always try to find a dentist to help you. If you require further help you can find it through this website. I hope this helps you find the treatment you’re in need of. Best wishes, Mark.
dr mark hughes

Dr Mark Hughes

Harley Street Dental Studio
52 Harley Street, London W1G 9PY
Web: www.harleystreetdentalstudio.com Tel: 020 7636 5981

View My Profile Dr Hughes

Leave a Reply