Do I Need Dental Surgery to Correct My Protruding, Gapped Teeth?

Hi, Dr Hughes. My age is 24, and I am male. My upper incisors are not straight, they protrude forward. There is also gap between my incisor and my canine. What can be done to correct it? Is there any dental surgery? Also, I have one doubt in my mind. My grandmother died from oral cancer, will surgery affect any prospect of developing cancer of the mouth?
Can I wear braces at my age? In my childhood I wore braces, at that time there was lot of improvement but it has become embarrassing again now. What would be the correct treatment for me?
Hello, thank you for getting in touch. Orthodontics is probably the most beneficial and non invasive option (not surgery). You can have braces at any age! Look at information on the following brace treatments: Invisalign, Incognito, C Fast, Damon Braces and Inman Aligner. When you’ve found one you like the sound of, have a consultation with an orthodontist and they will assess you to find out if you are a suitable candidate. Regards,  Mark.
dr mark hughes

Dr Mark Hughes

Harley Street Dental Studio
52 Harley Street, London W1G 9PY
Web: Tel: 020 7636 5981

View My Profile Dr Hughes

Leave a Reply