Dentures feel really uncomfortable but what can be done?

Q. Hi there i have had top and bottom dentures since the age of 19 and am now 38. I have never had a set that actually fit properly. i recently lost a bit of weight and my dentures were too loose so i went to my dentist on the nhs and got a new set made which are unsuitable. She then made another set which are even worse ie bite feels all wrong, constant ulcers and sores on the bottom gum. She now says there is nothing else she can do for me. I cant even eat with the bottom set in. I am at my wits end and feel so frustrated. Do u have any ideas on where i can go next as i am constantly suffering. I really do hope you can advise me.,
A. The only other option availble to replace a full mouth of teeth are Implants. There are many different ways that this can be done in order to put teeth back in your mouth. Unfortunantly I am not specialised in this area and so I advise you see a Prosthodontist regarding your matter. Justin Glaister
dr justin glaister

Dr Justin Glaister

11 Harley Street, London, W1G 9PF
Web: Tel: 020 7612 9810

View My Profile Dr Glaister

October 23rd, 2014 at 08:47 PM
tricia davies Says :

I have partial dentures on top 5 that is could I replace these with flexi ones ? I’m with the nhs if yes how much would i pay for these.

March 17th, 2015 at 08:47 PM
R shannon Says :

can u help a have partial dentures that r very uncomfortable and make me gag,I m unemployed so have little money also a have a terrible fear go going to the dentist.

Leave a Reply