How much do dental implants cost?
From a survey of questions asked of our panel of experts in relation to missing teeth, the following were the most popular:
- How much do dental implants cost?
- What is the cheapest price for dental implants?
- Where can I get cheap dental implant treatment?
- What is the average price of dental implants?
It seems that for a lot of patients that are considering dental implant treatment, the price or the cost of implant treatment is a major factor in selecting the appropriate provider.
So how much do dental implants cost?
To accurately compare prices between clinics, it is important that you ask the relevant questions, as clever marketing techniques may make you believe that the dental implant treatment is cheaper than it actually is. To understand the pricing of dental implant treatment, it is important to know the different components of treatment that dentists usually charge for.
- The cost of the dental implant and placement – this would be for only the cost of the actual implant and the surgery involved in placing the implant in your jaw.
- The cost of the implant abutment – when a crown is fitted onto an implant that has been placed in your jaw, this usually by a post that is attached to the implant, which is called an abutment.
- The cost of restoring the dental implant. Once the implant has been placed and integrated, it is usually restored with a crown, a fixed bridge and a denture. The cost of crowns can vary hugely depending upon the materials used to create the crown and its quality. Dental crowns alone can range in price from £300 to over £1,000 per crown unit.
What does the price include?
Some dentists may advertise that their dental implants only cost £600, but when you look at the price more closely, this may only be for implant placement and not the cost of the abutment and crown. It is important when comparing the costs of implants between clinics that you take the following points into consideration:
- Does the price include the abutment and crown/restoration?
- What is the experience of the dental surgeon carrying out the treatment? A more experienced surgeon will usually charge more for his time.
- Where is the clinic that I am having my treatment? The cost of implants can vary in different parts of the country due to differences in overheads of running the dental clinics.
- Which brand of implant does your surgeon use?There are various different manufacturers of dental implants, such as Astra, Nobel Biocare, Straumann and Bicon to name a few. The different implant types do vary in price and so this will be reflected in the final costs of your treatment.
So when faced with the issue of researching how much dental implants cost, it is important to take several points into consideration when comparing prices between clinics.
Where can I get cheap dental implants?
A lot of people are now going abroad for dental implant treatment because treatment tends to be cheaper than in the UK. For more information on dental implants abroad, please visit our dental tourism page on dental implants abroad.