Cost of Invisalign Treatment
Why choose to have invisalign treatment?
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment able to help straighten teeth. They offer the same management as normal braces but have the advantage of being more discreet due to their transparent nature. This makes them virtually invisible to other people, which can save on any anxiousness or embarrassment you would feel when wearing normal braces. Eating and cleaning your teeth is made simple as you are able to remove the invisalign device. A new aligner of differing shape will be fitted around every two weeks in order to help move your teeth into place. The length and cost of treatment will vary according to factors such as the crookedness of your teeth.
Things to think about
Unfortunately, it is not possible to have invisalign treatment done on the NHS. They only offer fixed brackets to people under the age of eighteen. Private practices offer invisalign treatment at the cost of around £3,000 - £6,000. The price will differ according to the private clinic you visit and the region they are based in. You should ask around to find out where the best treatment is available and where the cheapest prices are available. Things you will need to consider when undergoing invisalign treatment include:
- Do not be afraid to ask the private clinic any questions you may have.
- It is advisable that you get a written approximation of the cost and what this will incorporate. Things to consider are how many appointments you will need and what after-care is available, as this may affect the price.
- The price may be higher in certain regions around the country.
What does the price include?
When undergoing any dental treatment through a private clinic there is always the general worry that hidden costs may bump up the price. Though the clinic may say the price is between £3,000 and £6,000, there may be extra costs for after-care and each appointment you need to attend. A written estimate is always advisable.
- The skill of the dentist or orthodontist will affect the price, as will the location of the clinic.
- You will usually have a free consultation to begin with, during which you will be advised on the treatment and costs. Use this time to ask any questions you have.
- The level of treatment required will affect the price. If your teeth are particularly crooked then you will likely need a longer length of treatment.
- After-care may also bump up the price.
It is advisable that you attain a written approximation. However, make sure you ask questions as to any additional costs that may increase the rate.
Are there any cheap alternatives?
Invisalign is one of several dental treatments that can be attained abroad. Dental tourism is big business but you should be wary when travelling overseas for dental treatment. Things such as after-care may be difficult to attain and you will require several appointments to complete the procedure.